Pages

Monday, 28 July 2014

Clumsy Crochet

I'm coming out of the crochet closet and I'm finally learning! I thought this will be easy, I can knit. This is just one hook it must be easier. Right? Complete fail proof logic..........right?

Oh how wrong I was. Crochet is really, really hard. I'm thinking its harder than knitting, but then I looked back to my first blog post and yep, I really was that bad at knitting too! I have managed to get holding the hook and wool right quite quickly which I think knitting did help with and its very easy to see mistakes in crochet and its also much easier to unravel and correct. So they are all good things.

I found a great you tube channel ( the host, Mikey, is so lovely too!) that has helped me a lot called 'The Crochet Crowd' BUT be warned. I only found this out after I had started learning. This guy uses the American names for the stitches, but all the patterns I had and other videos were using the English names! The stitches are the same just named different, so you can imagine how confusing that was! I really hope I had saved you from that headache!


Also there is a brand new app (yes, the man in my life bought me an ipad! How did I live without it?) from Simply Crochet called Granny Square a Week. This looks really nice and I think once I know all the stitches and get a bit better at reading charts and patterns this will be a great app.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/simply-crochet-granny-square/id847449002 

I wanted to include some photos of my first attempts at crochet but I cant find them anywhere. I think I may of unravelled it all to keep practicing, but trust me it was hideous! 

Happy Knitting (or Crocheting!)






No comments:

Post a Comment