So I can happily announce that I am very close to getting booties perfect! Although only one is completed and they are a little large ( I used DK wool instead of 4ply) these came out really well. We can just call them toddlers booties!
I followed a pattern in a book (link below), it's one I have tried before so I was feeling quite confident, and I love the wool. It's from Sirdar and super soft like a pastel cloud! By the way I have no idea who I'm knitting booties for anymore! I kind of missed all my friends babies ( I couldn't present them with some of the disasters from previous attempts now could I?) but I'm determined to be ready when the next load of babies arrive! (meaning they better get cracking and have some more :) )
So now the mistakes. Well I somehow ended up with this weird raised row of stitches. I'm really not sure what happened here. Maybe I twisted some stitches or something or maybe its even supposed to be there on the WS or something. Although its not on the other side. So a bit odd. This does happen often and I'm still trying to work out why, so bare with me!
I have already started another bootie of a different design that I hope will go without a hitch. I'll post it up soon, but if it works out right I wont make it up till I'm confident I can do a good job. That will be a good day and you wont have to read about dam booties anymore! I'm sure everyone is getting bored of them (I know I am *sigh*)