Pages

Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Dear Man in My Life...........

Hi there. You know how I was going to knit you a nice warm hat for winter? Because you lost your woolly hat? and I was going to make it navy, as you requested? and super small to fit your freakishly tiny head? (a trait we weirdly share!) Well, it kind of............ went...........wrong. Three times I started over this quick knit hat. First time, I made it way way way, too big. Second time, I thought it would be better with a ribbed cuff to it. But i messed up the ribbing! I unraveled and did a quick rib knit square (yep i'm still knitting sample squares now and again!)


Rib knit sorted so started hat again! This time I got quite far along, rib was fine. Everything was technically fine. BUT, I just didn't like the look of it! It just looked ugly to me somehow. Maybe the colours were wrong. Maybe kitting on really big needles with thin wool is just not a look I like. I just wasn't feeling it. It just didn't please my eye! and I refuse to bring something ugly into this already......... ugly knit saturated land! Here it is, let me know what you think is so unappealing about this knit! It's just ugly right?


Here's the video I followed. Don't worry man in my life, I wasn't going to add the crazy pompom or the gay flower. I was just going to add the small bobble as you requested :) Anyway, sorry but you wont be receiving your winter hat anytime soon. I know i'm a terrible person! Can you find it in your heart to forgive me? I promise I WILL eventually finish your hat (by summertime maybe?) Ta ta for now.





1 comment:

  1. This really made me chuckle :) I love reading through your blog!

    ReplyDelete